Wickman Historical Consultants conducts historic research for books, museums and all forms of media including movies and television. It also is developing educational materials for schools. Wickman Historical Consultants has two divisions, Creative Museums Solutions and Network-Museums.com. Johanna Wickman, President of Wickman Historical Consultants and its two divisions has also spent the past five years managing and working in museums. While a museum director in the Palm Springs area, she increased museum attendance from 300 visitors per month (February 2010) to over 2,900 guests in February 2011 with the opening of a dinosaur exhibit designed by Ms. Wickman and built by her and the museum staff!
She used her military history expertise to research and design exhibits focusing on Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War and organized the first Civil War re-enactment in the Coachella Valley. The event took place over two days in November of 2011 and attracted over 3,000 visitors!
She was a founding board member of the Desert Cities Museum Association, the Coachella Valley Emergency Preparedness Network for museums, and a featured panelist at the 2011 California Association of Museums conference. She also presented at the 2013 Colorado Wyoming Association of Museums conference.
She holds degrees in German, Museum & Gallery Studies, and Humanities & Fine Arts, and completed her Master's degree in History in 2014. She volunteers on the planning committee for the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Platte Bridge re-enactment committee, and is currently under contract with the Wyoming Military Department at the Wyoming Veterans Museum in Casper.
By the Numbers
· Increased gift shop sales 400%
· Planned, designed and built history, art and science exhibits
· Organized a Civil War re-enactment from the ground up recruiting sponsors, securing permits and working with city, county, police and fire officials for an event that attracted over 3,000 people
· Obtained noted and celebrity guests, including: Don Wildman (host of the Travel Channel’s “Off Limits” and “Mysteries at the Museum”), Ted Herman (big band leader for Frank Sinatra, Louie Armstrong, Elvis Presley and more), Patricia Welch (Broadway singer), and many more
· More than doubled museum’s annual attendance
Johanna Wickman, President of Wickman Historical Consultants
Johanna Wickman with Don Wildman, host of the Travel Channel's "Mysteries at the Museum"